This video was originally published at e-con Systems’ website. It is reprinted here with the permission of e-con Systems.
Outdoor vision applications require cameras to capture high-quality images in varying lighting conditions with the ability to cover a wide field of view. It especially rings true in cutting-edge applications like sports broadcasting, smart traffic management, auto farming, and outdoor robots. Many indoor applications also need cameras to be placed in challenging lighting conditions with high resolution for better precision. Such applications include retail kiosks, biometric & access control systems, digital microscopes etc. Hence, a camera for these systems needs to have features such as High Dynamic Range (HDR), 4K resolution with large pixel size, and high signal-to-noise ratio.
See3CAM_CU81 from e-con Systems is a USB camera that comes with a combination of all these features and is based on the latest AR0821 sensor from ON Semiconductor.
See3CAM_CU81: Key features and highlights
See3CAM_CU81 is an 8 MP UVC compliant HDR USB 3.1 Gen 1 camera capable of capturing high-quality images in all lighting conditions. Some of the key features and highlights of See3CAM_CU81 are:
- Based on the AR0821 CMOS color image sensor from ON Semiconductor®
- Superior HDR capability – using multiple exposures in a single frame
- 1/2 inch sensor with large pixel size
- Streams MJPEG video data of 1080p and 4K @30 fps and UYVY video data of 4K @15 fps in HDR mode
- Backward compatibility with USB 2.0 host ports
- Extensive customization services and end-to-end integration support leveraging e-con Systems’ 2 decades of experience in embedded vision.
Want to know how you can leverage See3CAM_CU81 to enhance the performance of your product? Please write to e-con Systems at email@example.com.