For the purposes of these rules, we use the term “We” (or “Us”) to mean the Edge AI and Vision Alliance and the term “You” (or “Your”) to mean your company.
You agree to abide by the following:
- To be eligible, your new product (or update to your existing product with the innovation described in your entry) must have been delivered to your customer between January 1, 2021 and January 15, 2022. We have intentionally made this requirement flexible to include delivering samples or providing early access to your customer. Your product does not have to be in full production, but it must have an adequate description of features and technical specifications for our judges to evaluate.
- You may submit entries for multiple products and for multiple categories.
- Your entry is complete when you have filled out all required sections of the online entry form and paid the entry fees. We cannot issue refunds for entries that are withdrawn after submission.
- If your product is selected as a winner, you grant us permission, without compensation, to use your company name, logo and product image in the promotion of this awards program. Only winning entries are promoted.
- If your product is selected as a winner, to help you promote your Award, we give you permission, without compensation, to use the Edge AI and Vision Product of the Year Award logo in your marketing materials and online for the winning product.
- We reserve the right to modify rules and procedures regarding this contest and will have no liability for any damages or recourse of any kind. Also, we have the right to rescind any awards granted to entrants that have misrepresented their product or entry.
- After reviewing your entry, we may request additional information or recommend the entry be moved to a different category.
- If an Award category fails to receive a minimum number of entries, we reserve the right to remove the Award category from the program. In this case, we will work with you to move your entry to another category or refund your entry fee.
- Your company must be the primary developer of the product being submitted and only your company name can be listed on the entry form as the entrant.
If you need additional information, please check out our FAQs below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Getting your entry submitted weeks or months before the deadline provides more time for us to review your entry and provide you with feedback, and for you to incorporate updates— resulting in a higher quality entry.
Yes. Obviously, the chances of winning an award increase if you submit strong entries for multiple categories or products. Also, if you decide to submit the same product for multiple categories, please be sure that each entry is unique and highly focused on the features, benefits and value relevant to the specific category.
Please do not submit confidential information.
The key to a winning entry is the quality of the application—in particular, the use of specific and quantitative language. For best results, avoid using text from your marketing collateral.
First, use the Entry worksheet to draft your answers. The worksheet allows you to share and collaborate with your co-workers prior to submitting your entry and helps ensure all responses fit within specified word counts. You can find the link to download the Entry worksheet after you click on “Enter Now.”
Entries will be judged on four criteria: innovation, differentiation, customer impact, and market impact. There are a total of six questions and each question is clearly marked with the associated criterion.
Each of your six responses should be concise and very specific in addressing the key points for each criterion.
The judges score each entry based on the six questions in the worksheet. To obtain a higher score and increase your probability of winning, it is important to answer all six questions – including Question #5: Customer Impact (Testimonials). Please note that customer testimonials submitted as part of the Product of the Year Awards entries are not published by the Edge AI and Vision Alliance. They are used only by our judges as part of the judging process.
If you are unable to provide a testimonial with attribution to a specific customer, please do your best to provide a testimonial without naming the customer. Here is an example of a customer testimonial without named attribution: “This is a testimonial from our customer whose company is a leading provider of [fill in the blank] and the testimonial is from the vice president of engineering. This customer stated [statement the customer made in support of your product]”. While a non-attributed testimonial is not as strong as an attributed testimonial, it does add value to your entry.
We are here to help. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Yes. For question #2 of the entry form (Innovation Details), we have added the option of uploading an image (e.g. architecture diagram) and/or a short video (maximum five minutes) demonstrating a practical use of your product. The purpose of these uploads is to help the judges better understand the technical details of your innovation.
Image specs: acceptable file types for the image are pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, or gif. The file size limit is 100MB per file.
Video specs: acceptable file types are avi, flv, mpg, mpeg, or mp4. The file size limit is 1GB. We strongly recommend submitting video at 1920x1080p resolution and 30 frames per second in the MP4 format using the H.264 or H.265 codecs to make your video fit within this file size limit.
The judges do consider market impact in evaluating entries. But, because the contest is limited to products that have been launched recently, the judges understand that it can be challenging to prove market impact. Any information that you can provide that shows that customers are embracing the product and that it is making a difference for them should help.