San Jose, Calif., —April 9, 2015—Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) will offer a host of Ultra HD end-to-end solutions demonstrations at the 2015 National Association of Broadcasters convention (NAB) from April 13 to 16, in Las Vegas, at the Las Vegas Convention Center (Altera booth #SU10707). Featured for the first time will be the Altera multichannel, real-time H.265 hardware codec delivering a high quality full HD experience by implementing the Altera H.265 IP on a single chip with unprecedented quality and efficiency.
Altera will demonstrate how equipment makers can implement Ultra HD (UHD) products today with 4K resolution, deeper color, and higher frame rates. Together with Oregano Systems, Altera is among the first vendors to offer a fully SMPTE-compliant sync solution, anticipating SMPTE’s imminent announcement of the publication of its time-labeling and clock synchronization standards, ST2059-1 and ST2059-2, critical to delivering IP-based video transport.
Altera will showcase complete end-to-end UHD and high density HD solutions, including the following:
- Video over IP – 4K60 transport over a standard 10 Gigabit Ethernet IP network using SMPTE2022 from Macnica
- Precision Clock Synchronization – Ultra-precise SMPTE ST2059-2 clock synchronization from Oregano Systems offering extremely fast locking and genlock over IP for multiple ports
- Light-weight Compression – 4K60 visually lossless, small-footprint compression using TICO from Intopix
- HDMI and DisplayPort – 4K60 display over HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2
- Video Processing – 4K60 scaling and video processing with Altera’s in-house Video and Image Processing (VIP) Suite
- Ultra-low Latency H.265 – Multichannel configurable, real-time H.265, ultra-low latency full HD codec
Altera architects will be onsite ready to discuss how customers can bring Ultra-HD systems to market now, and future proof them for 8K.
“Altera is proud to unveil the industry’s highest-quality H.265 codec along with the most complete 4K60 solution transporting over SMPTE2022 with light TICO compression, ST2059-2 timing synchronization, and delivery direct to display through HDMI 2.0,” said Umar Mughal, director of the Broadcast Business Unit at Altera. “Customers can be first to market with their UHD products achieving a significant boost in revenue and market share with Arria™ 10, Altera’s latest released FPGA, combined with our complete, production-ready 4K60 IP offerings. In addition, customers can futureproof their designs for new features with the flexibility Arria 10 provides.”