SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 23, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — The Embedded Vision Alliance® today announced the finalists for the 2019 Vision Tank, the Alliance's annual start-up competition that showcases the best new ventures using computer vision in their products. Each finalist will pitch their company and product to judges in front of the Embedded Vision Summit audience on May 22, 2019, with winners announced at the end of the session. The finalists are:
- BlinkAI Technologies utilizes machine learning to enhance sensor performance, extending the range of what cameras can see and detect in the real world. Building upon proprietary deep learning techniques, the company has developed robust low-light video inference deployed on efficient low-power devices for camera-embedded systems.
- Entropix provides better vision for computer vision. Its patented technology employs dual sensor cameras with AI and deep learning software to extract extreme levels of detail from video and still images for ultra-accurate intelligent video analytics. This patented computational resolution reconstruction supercharges video data analytics detection and classification.
- Robotic Materials enables robotic components with human-like manipulation skills for the robotics industry. The company provides a sensing hand mechanism using tactile sensing, stereo vision, and high-performance embedded vision to mimic the tight integration of sensing, actuation, computation and communication found in natural systems.
- Strayos is a 3D visual AI platform using drone images to reduce cost and improve efficiency in job sites. Its software helps mining and quarry operators optimize the placement of drill holes and quantities of explosives, and improve site productivity and safety by providing highly accurate survey data analytics.
- Vyrill is focused on helping to understand and interpret the massive amount of user-generated video content (UGVC) on social media and the web. It offers a proprietary AI-powered platform for UGVC discovery, analytics, licensing and content marketing to help brand marketers better understand their customers.
"This year we received a record number of 50 Vision Tank entrants. Our panel judged these start-ups on technical innovation, business plan, team, and business opportunity," said Jeff Bier, founder of the Embedded Vision Alliance. "These five finalists have distinguished themselves by tackling meaningful, real-world problems with fresh, promising approaches and talented teams."
About the Embedded Vision Summit
The Embedded Vision Summit will be held May 20-23, 2019, at the Santa Clara Convention Center. The Summit is the only event focused exclusively on deployable computer vision and visual AI, attracting a global audience of companies developing vision-enabled products, both at the edge and in the cloud. The Summit features more than 90 presentations, 60+ exhibitors, and showcases more than 100 technology demos, as well as hosting a variety of technical workshops and training classes. Sponsors announced to date include Aimotive, BDTI, Cadence, Crossbar, HAILO, Horizon Robotics, Intel, Lattice Semiconductor, Magik Eye, MediaTek, NextChip, Prophesee, Qualcomm, Renesas, Teknique, Synopsys, Wave Computing and Xnor.ai. For the latest updates on the Embedded Vision Summit, follow @EmbVisionSummit on Twitter or visit https://www.embedded-vision.com/summit.
About The Embedded Vision Alliance
The Embedded Vision Alliance is a worldwide industry partnership bringing together technology providers and end-product companies who are enabling innovative and practical applications for computer vision and visual AI for a range of market segments and applications, including automotive, consumer electronics, gaming, imaging, and more. Membership is open to any company that supplies or uses technology for computer vision systems and applications. For more information on the Alliance, visit https://www.embedded-vision.com.