05 September 2019 – iniVation is pleased to announce the release of DV Software 1.0, created to accelerate application development for its revolutionary event-based Dynamic Vision Sensor technology.
The modular structure of the DV software allows developers to combine pre-built modules into applications faster than ever before. DV Software 1.0 offers many advantages for developers, including the following:
- Easy to use for anyone, even without any programming knowledge
- All-new high-performance graphical development environment for real-time viewing, recording and playback of data
- High-performance engine for faster execution times compared with legacy software
- Enhanced API for faster, easier, more robust customer software development
- Deploy directly to embedded and IoT devices
- Comprehensive user documentation
- Runs natively on Windows, Linux and Mac
- Interfaces to Python and ROS available
- Open source software free for non-commercial use
The new DV Software addresses the need for industrial-grade rapid development toolkits suitable for use in end-user applications. As stated by iniVation CEO, Dr. Kynan Eng: “For over a decade, we have led the world in facilitating the adoption of Dynamic Vision Sensor technology. The new DV Software represents the next step in this evolution, making it easier than ever before. We are excited to see how our customers and partners will use DV Software to enable a wide variety of new products and services based on DVS technology.”
The new DV Software is available immediately, and can be downloaded directly from the redesigned iniVation website: https://www.inivation.com
iniVation creates neuromorphic vision systems. It combines decades of world-leading R&D experience with a deep network of >250 customers and partners across multiple industrial markets.