Dr. Satya Mallick, CEO of OpenCV.org and OpenCV.ai, presents the “OpenCV: Rapid Growth and Evolution Beyond the Library” tutorial at the September 2020 Embedded Vision Summit.
The last 20 years of OpenCV were dedicated to building the world’s largest high-performance computer vision library. Now, the organization is fast expanding beyond the flagship library to better serve the computer vision and artificial intelligence community through courseware, hardware, services, and community initiatives. OpenCV is becoming the place where people come to learn about the best computer vision resources.
In this presentation, you’ll learn more about:
- Courseware: The organization launched the best computer vision courses in the world with its three-course series that has over 2500 students registered in more than 5000 courses
- The OpenCV AI Kit (OAK), an insanely powerful smart camera capable of neural inference and depth perception in real-time—launched with a record-breaking Kickstarter campaign
- OpenCV Partnerships: Development and hardware partnerships (very useful for hardware manufacturers for continuous OpenCV compliance testing)
- The upcoming AI model marketplace
- Consulting services via OpenCV.ai, and
- Community: How OpenCV aims to build a community of more than 1M developers in a year
See here for a PDF of the slides.