This video was originally published at e-con Systems’ website. It is reprinted here with the permission of e-con Systems.
Smart edge AI cameras are best suited for running machine learning and deep learning models on the edge. They are perfectly suited for applications like smart surveillance, traffic monitoring, parking lot management, crowd monitoring/analysis, smart farming, sports broadcasting, etc. However, these cameras must be equipped with low light imaging, HDR, and superior color reproduction capabilities. SmarteCAM from e-con Systems is a ready-to-deploy smart camera with powerful AI processing capabilities and IP66-rated enclosure to handle harsh outdoor environments (water/dust-proof). Its on-board NVIDIA® Jetson™ TX2 CPU and 256 core GPU can perform all image processing and analytics indigenously without connecting to the cloud.
SmarteCAM: Key features and highlights
SmarteCAM is a self-contained standalone vision system with AI processing capabilities suitable for intelligent video analytics and smart image processing. It comes with the option of integrating any of the following 3 cameras in addition to the out of the box camera based on the Sony STARVIS IMX290 sensor:
- 4K ultra low light camera based on Sony STARVIS IMX415 sensor
- Full HD color global shutter camera based on ON Semiconductor®’s AR0234 sensor
- 4K HDR camera based on ON Semiconductor®’s AR0821 sensor.
Some of the other key features and highlights of SmarteCAM are:
- Based on NVIDIA® Jetson™ TX2 – Quad-core ARM Cortex A57 MPCore + Dual-core NVIDIA® Denver 2 64bit CPU
- IP66 rating – making it dust and water-proof
- Transmits data in uncompressed UYVY, compressed MJPEG and H.264 formats over Gigabit Ethernet
- Built for low light imaging, High Dynamic Range (HDR), and ruggedness
- Provides the flexibility to program your own computer vision algorithms and AI models
- Comes with an onboard storage of 32GB eMMC 5.1 with microSD card support. (expandable up to 512GB)
- Ready-to-deploy with in-built firmware and other SDKs to run edge-AI algorithms
- Extensive integration support required for your product development from e-con Systems’ expert engineering team
Want to know how you can leverage SmarteCAM to enhance the performance of your surveillance and monitoring systems? Please write to e-con Systems at email@example.com.