This video was originally published at e-con Systems’ website. It is reprinted here with the permission of e-con Systems.
Introducing DepthVista, a 3D Time-of-Flight (ToF) camera designed by e-con Systems for accurate 3D depth imaging to help Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs) and Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs) with safer navigation.
Download documents (PDF): https://www.e-consystems.com/3d-depth-cameras/tof-time-of-flight-camera.asp#documents
- Streams 3D depth data & RGB data in single frame:
Enables both obstacle detection & object recognition/identification with one camera.
- Uses VCSEL of 850nm:
Safer for human eyes and can operate even in absolute darkness.
- High speed & high resolution 640×480 @ 30 fps:
Allows AMRs and AGVs to perceive their environment and plan their paths optimally, and safely complete their tasks.
- Onboard depth image processing:
Provides a ready-to-use depth data from the camera itself thereby reducing the computational load on the host
- Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs)
- Autonomous Guided Vehicles (AGVs)
- People counting in retail analytics
- Patient care / Patient monitoring
- 3D Face recognition for anti-spoofing
- Robotic arms
Customization & Integration Support
e-con Systems offers all the necessary customization services and end-to-end integration support for DepthVista to meet your application’s unique requirements.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Advantages of having RGB and depth data in a single time of flight camera
- How Time-of-Flight (ToF) compares with other 3D depth mapping technologies
- What is a Time-of-Flight sensor? What are the key components of a Time-of-Flight camera?
- What is LiDAR technology? How does LiDAR help in depth measurement?