The Edge AI and Vision Product of the Year Awards celebrate the innovation and achievement of the industry’s leading companies that are enabling and developing products incorporating edge AI and computer vision technologies. Entries are evaluated and selected by a panel of independent industry experts, so winning an Edge AI and Vision Product of the Year Award provides validation of your leadership and innovation.
The awards categories encompass products employing or enabling vision and other forms of edge AI. The categories cover building-block technologies, such as processors and sensors, and end products. The Edge AI End Product categories are intended to recognize innovation in complete systems and solutions delivered directly to consumer, enterprise or government markets. Among all of the award categories, the end product categories are the only ones that are open to both Member companies and non-Member companies of the Alliance. Alliance Member companies that supply building-block technologies are encouraged to invite their customers to submit their systems or applications for the Best Edge AI End Product categories.
2022 Awards Program at a Glance
- Five award categories for building-block technologies, open exclusively for Alliance Member companies
- Member companies are invited to submit multiple products and/or multiple categories
- $495 submission fee per entry
- Two end product award categories open to all companies: Enterprise Edge AI End Product and Consumer Edge AI End Product
- Open to both Member and non-Member companies
- Member companies are encouraged to invite their customers to submit an entry
- No submission fee for these categories
- Winning entries are chosen by an independent panel of judges
- Deadline for Submissions: January 28, 2022
- Awards ceremony: May 17, 2022, during the Embedded Vision Summit
Promotion by the Edge AI and Vision Alliance
The Alliance promotes winning companies year-round, including:
- An awards ceremony hosted during the Embedded Vision Summit
- Press releases, social media, and presentations
- Alliance home page and a dedicated winners showcase page
- Alliance newsletters with global distribution
Validation of your Leadership and Innovation
As determined by a panel of independent industry experts
Collateral to promote your Award-winning Product
With all of these promotional opportunities, the return on investment for submitting an entry ($495 entry fee for building-block technology products, free for end products) is off the charts. The winner for each category will hold the Edge AI and Vision Product of the Year Award title for a year, so you will enjoy many opportunities to reap the promotional benefits!
Edge AI and Vision Product of the Year Award winners are selected by an independent panel of judges, based on the following criteria:
- Innovation. Describe your product, highlighting your innovation and unique features.
- Differentiation. How does your product compare to the closest competitor?
- Customer Impact. How does your product create new value for your customers? What does your product enable your customers to do that they could not do previously?
- Market Impact. How has your product been received in the market? Provide links to press coverage, market research reports, customer usage, interviews, etc.
What is Edge AI and Vision?
“Edge AI and vision” refers to the practical use of artificial intelligence and computer vision in machines that perceive and understand their environment through visual and other means. By “edge AI,” we mean AI processing that occurs locally, whether on a chip, device or on-premise. We include hybrid approaches where some processing happens locally and some in the cloud. And we include edge devices that process all sorts of sensor data: images, audio, vibration, radar, lidar and the like.
Examples of edge AI systems include a warehouse robot using cameras and lidar, a smart speaker with local wake word processing, an on-premise video recorder with object detection and tracking, and a radar-based hospital patient monitor that uses AI to detect breathing, movement and sleep. By “computer vision” we mean the use of algorithms and AI to extract meaning from images or video. Examples include motion and object tracking, defect detection (e.g., on an assembly line), pedestrian detection for automobiles, and location recognition and mapping from visual inputs.