Jeff Bier, Founder of the Edge AI and Vision Alliance, interviews Hayk Martiros, Head of Autonomy at Skydio, about the critical technical challenges for implementing embedded vision in autonomous drones that operate under difficult, real-world conditions.
Skydio is hiring! The company is the leading U.S. drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight. Skydio leverages breakthrough AI to create the world’s most intelligent flying machines for use by consumer, enterprise, and government customers. Founded in 2014, Skydio is made up of leading experts in AI, robotics, cameras, and electric vehicles from top companies, research labs, and universities from around the world.
Skydio designs, assembles, and supports its products in the U.S. from its headquarters in Redwood City, CA, to offer the highest standards of supply chain and manufacturing security. Skydio is trusted by leading enterprises across a wide range of industry sectors and is backed by top investors and strategic partners including Andreesen Horowitz, Levitate Capital, Next47, IVP, Playground, and NVIDIA.
The company’s current development team is:
- 20 strong from labs at Stanford, Berkeley, Princeton, Penn, CMU, Olin, and MIT
- 25% PhD, 50% MS, and 25% BS
- Shipping the most advanced visual autonomy in the world on consumer-grade hardware
The company’s areas of hiring interest include:
- Motion Planning / Controls
- Commercial Products
- Systems Infrastructure
- 3D Geometry and Vision
- Deep Learning
Key candidate qualifications include:
- Strong Python / C++ developer
- Strong math, geometry, linear algebra
- Ability to read, learn, understand, optimize
- Product focused
- Enjoy getting things done with flying robots
For more information, visit skydio.com/careers